Thursday, September 8, 2016

Irish Bouzouki #1

Historically speaking, it's not often I get the chance to post photos of a newly completed instrument, so I'm pleased to be able to do so once again. Hopefully, my recent change of circumstances will see an increase in productivity!


With the benefit of hindsight, there are aspects of this instrument I could have approached differently, or done better, but I can't imagine a time when that won't be the case! Overall, I'm pretty happy with this bouzouki, and I hope its new owner feels the same way.




  • Soundboard: Port Orford Cedar
  • Back and sides: East Indian Rosewood
  • Neck: Honduran Mahogany
  • Fingerboard and bridge: Ebony
  • Rosette: Zebrano and Macassar Ebony
  • Tuners: Gotoh 510 mini
  • Pre-amp: Fishman Prefix Pro
  • Finish: pre-catalysed lacquer (oil-finished neck)
  • Scale length: 24.9"

Now, back to those guitars...



Cheers
Pete

No comments:

What's In a Name?

The back and sides of this guitar are of narra, which is an alternative name for a wood that's most often marketed here in Australia as ...